Friday, January 18, 2013

The Joy Dare - Day 12

Tryin' on Daddy's boot


I'm feeling pretty whiny this evening... my husband is in Michigan for the weekend, with some of my great friends and favorite teens... and I'm here at home. I love being a mom. Love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything! But I do miss going on youth trips and retreats. I miss being Rich's right hand lady, his go-to person to help him out. I'd be happy to bring along my little guy for the weekend on these trips...but since that wasn't an option (nor does it really sound like much fun to take a 12 month old to winter camp to sleep in cabins and brave the miserable cold), I'm blinking away a few tears and practicing gratitude, even when I don't feel like it.

  • I'm so glad that it makes me kind of miserable when my husband is away... because it means I'm crazy in love with him. 
  • I'm so thankful that Carson needs me. It's nice to be needed. :) 
  • I only have to be a solo parent for one full day. the other two are halves. I can do one full day!
    Saying goodbye to Daddy

    *All the while, trying to not think about next month when my man will be away 5 nights and 6 days. Really, in my opinion, it's one of the hardest things about being a pastor's wife. Sure, lots of husbands travel. But he's my bestie! :)
  • I'm praying for a super fast weekend for me and Carson and a nice, slow weekend for Rich and the youth! :)
I love this funny little family of three :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment